Notes from the Webinar organized on July 5, 2019, by the Mathematics Leadership CoP (Mathematics Knowledge Network) and Vretta.
Links to the webinar video can be found here!
Links to the webinar audio can be found here!
Click the link for full notes on Webinar 1 on Increasing Pre-service Teachers’ Readiness to Teach Mathematics Content!
- Brief introductions and overview of the webinar
- Challenges currently faced by faculties of education—how to ensure that pre-service teachers receive the individual support they need?
- Practices followed to overcome the challenges—what seem to be the promising practices? How do we know?
- Suggestions to collaborate and create a common solution
- Final thoughts
- Dr. Dragana Martinovic, University of Windsor, facilitator
- Dr. Daniel Jarvis, Nipissing University
- Dr. Ann Kajander, Lakehead University
- Anand Karat, Vretta
- Dr. Steven Khan, University of Alberta
- Dr. Anjali Khirwadkar, Brock University