Math Knowledge Network QUARTERLY 1(1)
Welcome to the inaugural issue of the Math Knowledge NetworkQuarterly!
We are excited to share some of the recent work of our Communities of Practice: Math Leadership, Critical Transitions, Indigenous Knowledge & Computational Modelling.
A big thank you to Arielle Figov (MKN Coordinator) for her support in getting submissions and publishing our first issue.
George Gadanidis & Donna Kotsopoulos (MKN co-Directors)
IN THIS ISSUE
- Math Leadership: Math Minds: Transforming Mathematics Education – February 22nd
- Indigenous Knowledge: The Youth Gathering & NASA Workshop – mid April
- Two Webinars by Andy diSessa (Berkeley) on Computational Literacy and on AI in Education – mid May
- Early Years Critical Transition Team hosts a Professional Development Conference for primary teachers at Queen’s University – mid August
- Computational Modelling at Wellington CDSB
- Math and Coding Workshops at St. Patrick’s Catholic School (February-May)
- Math and Coding Webinars for K-10 Wellington CDSB teachers (April-May)
- Math and Computer Science Integrated Program (on-going)