- 30 November 2017: KNAER Cross-Network Meeting; Held at the Fields Institute; Meeting of KNAER, its 4 networks (including the MKN), and Ministry of Education representatives.
- 26 January 2018: MKN CoP Lead Meeting; CoPs will meet to discuss Year 2 progress, share artifacts, and discuss next steps.
- 17 April 2018: MKN Advisory Panel Meeting; Held at the Fields Institute; Opportunity for MKN partners to come together to discuss network updates and future plans.
- 3-4 May 2018: OAME Annual Math Conference; Held in Toronto, Ontario at Humber College (North Campus); Members from our four CoPs will be attending and presenting their work; Session proposals are open until November 12, 2017! Submit your application here. Preregistration is now open here.
- 4 November 2017: GECDSB Mathematics Symposium – Expertise for All; Held at Tecumseh Vista Academy in Windsor; Organized by the GECDSB Math Strategy Team and supported by our Mathematics Leadership CoP; See their event flyer for details!
- 28-29 October 2017: FNMIEAO Educator Conference; Held in London, Ontario at H.B. Beal Secondary School; several workshops will showcase the work of the Indigenous Knowledge CoP; presenters include Pamala Agawa, Ruth Beatty, and Danielle Blair (IK CoP members). See the flyer and register by October 20th!
- 28 October 2017: The Aesthetics of Mathematical Modelling for the Classroom; Dr. Peter Taylor (Queen’s University, member of Critical Transitions CoP) will be presenting his Math9-12 work at the Fields MathEd forum at 10:35 a.m. See more details here. The video will be uploaded when available – stay tuned!
- 24 October 2017: CoP Co-Lead Meeting; Held at the Fields Institute; Opportunity for CoP leads and MKN Executive to discuss work so far and future plans. More details coming soon.
- 19-20 October 2017: Learn-to-Lead (Leadership Institute); with Cathy Fosnot, Maarten Dolk, & Janan Hamm; held in North Bay; sponsored by the MKN; see the event flyer for more information.
- 13-15 October 2017: Computational Thinking in Mathematics Education Symposium; sponsored by the Fields Institute; a ctmath.ca event organized by Immaculate Namukasa (Western) & Chantal Buteau (Brock); keynote speakers include Lyn English, Queensland University of Technology
- 17 August 2017: Kindergarten Forum for Action: Building Mathematical Foundations for Young Children; event organized by our Critical Transitions CoP in partnership with AECEO; hosted at Guelph University (Humber Campus); keynote speaker is Dr. Jean Clinton, McMaster University.
- 14-17 August 2017: Math Culture Camp; Meeting of the Indigenous Knowledge Community of Practice; Manitoulin Island.
- 27-29 June 2017: First Networking Meeting of the Indigenous Knowledge & Mathematics Education Community of Practice; Hosted by Trent University; CoP members discussed goals, plans, and hopes going forward. Learn more about the meeting here.
- 27-31 May 2017: Canadian Society for the Study of Education Conference; Panel Discussion on “Emerging evidence from the Knowledge Network for Applied Education Research Phase 2” (MKN co-directors, OME, KNAER, and the Knowledge Network for Student Well-being)
- 11-13 May 2017: OAME Conference; Various presentations by CoP members, including featured speaker, George Gadanidis.
- 27-28 February 2017: MKN Advisory Panel Meeting, Fields Institute