- 14-17 August 2017: Math Culture Camp; Meeting of the Indigenous Knowledge Community of Practice; Manitoulin Island.
- 17 August 2017: Kindergarten Forum for Action: Building Mathematical Foundations for Young Children; event organized by our Critical Transitions CoP in partnership with AECEO; hosted at Guelph University (Humber Campus); keynote speaker is Dr. Jean Clinton, McMaster University.
- 13-15 October 2017: Computational Thinking in Mathematics Education Symposium; sponsored by the Fields Institute; a ctmath.ca event organized by Immaculate Namukasa (Western) & Chantal Buteau (Brock); keynote speakers include Lyn English, Queensland University of Technology
- 24 October 2017: CoP Co-Lead Meeting; Held at the Fields Institute; Opportunity for CoP leads and MKN Executive to discuss work so far and future plans. More details coming soon.
- 27-29 June 2017: First Networking Meeting of the Indigenous Knowledge & Mathematics Education Community of Practice; Hosted by Trent University; CoP members discussed goals, plans, and hopes going forward. Learn more about the meeting here.
- 27-31 May 2017: Canadian Society for the Study of Education Conference; Panel Discussion on “Emerging evidence from the Knowledge Network for Applied Education Research Phase 2” (MKN co-directors, OME, KNAER, and the Knowledge Network for Student Well-being)
- 11-13 May 2017: OAME Conference; Various presentations by CoP members, including featured speaker, George Gadanidis.
- 27-28 February 2017: MKN Advisory Panel Meeting, Fields Institute