Coding has a past: a long history with mathematics education.
Wellington Catholic District School Board, St. Andrews PS in the Toronto District School Board, Toronto Catholic District School Board, Western Education, Queensland University of Technology, Robertson Program at OISE, UOIT’s STEAM3D Maker Lab, Association of Computer Studies Educators, Sao Paulo State University (UNESP), Maria Peregrina School (Sao Jose do Rio Preto, SP, Brazil)
3 SETS OF MATH + CODING PUZZLES
Try our math + coding puzzles – get the PDF booklet !
Create colourful repeating patterns with code. Listen to what they sound like. Select pattern cores. Add constraints to create repeating patterns on a grid. Create area representations of fractions.
Use conditional statements with code to create colourful patterns on a number grid. Solve puzzles. Create your own puzzles for others to solve. Save and share your creations.
Use the story Anno’s Magic Seeds, by Mitsumasa Anno, as a starting point to explore growth patterns with code.
- Repeating Patterns – classroom documentary
- CT in Math Education Community of Practice
- CT in Math Education Research Partnership
- Gadanidis, G., Brodie, I., Minniti, L & Silver, B. (2017). Computer coding in the K-8 mathematics curriculum? What Works? Research into Practice: Research Monograph #69.
- Five As for coding + math
- Math + Coding Course … coming soon!