Click below to access resources from our four Communities of Practice!
Math Leadership CoP Resources
- GECDSB Math Task Force Learning Briefs:
- School Board-University Research Exchange (SURE) network’s “Research to Practice” videos:
Computational Thinking CoP Resources
- Computational Thinking in Mathematics Education. Researching the use of computational thinking in mathematics education, from pre-school to undergraduate mathematics, and in mathematics teacher education.
- Math + Code ‘Zine. We love math. We love coding. And we love the power of the two combined!
- ScratchMaths (UK). supporting computational and mathematical thinking through programming (Education Endowment Fund)
Critical Transitions CoP Resources
- Choose a Path that Includes Math! Get to know their online toolkit for Ontario teens and parents who are exploring choices for high school math courses. Visit them at mathpathontario.ca/home.php and check out the video overview.
- Mathematics Learning Trajectories. See the 5-minute video clip with slides by Dr. Douglas Clements, who explains the power and research base of his and Dr. Julie Sarama’s learning trajectories and their new free math web tool (birth to age 8) for educators, parents, curriculum developers, and PD facilitators.
- Mathematics for Young Children Website
- Mathematics for Young Children Literature Review
- Cathy Bruce Publications
Indigenous Knowledge CoP Resources
- RMS Virtual Learning Series – Supporting Indigenous Learners, in Mathematics: 1-3 p.m. on October 5, November 9, December 7, 2017 & January 11, 2018; Sessions created and facilitated by Ruth Beatty and Danielle Blair (IK CoP members); See the session PDF and find all session recordings & resources here.
To access our general MKN resources, click below.
Video Overview of the MKN
Want to stay updated? Join our mailing list (right side of page) and/or follow us on Twitter @mknrcm to receive regular updates about new resources, activities, and more!