COVID-19 Uncertainty Support and Resources
The MKN, through it communities of practice, is offering the following resources and support:
- Online Seminar Series on Programming in Mathematics Education, co-hosted by Chantal Buteau (Brock University) and George Gadanidis (Western University).
- June 19, July 3, 17 & 31, August 14 & 28
- Chantal Buteau (Brock University) and her students, in partnership with the Niagara CDSB, are developing math+coding activities at the Grade 9 level (coming soon).
- Online mathematics education support, in partnership with Ontario Tech STEAM3D Maker Lab
- Online Professional Development
- Online support for classes
- Social studies, coding and mathematics integration program, in partnership with the St. James CHS in Wellington CDSB
- Lesson plans by grade level for Primary, Junior and Intermediate. Some lesson plans were developed from a collaboration between the MKN and London District Catholic School Board.
- Count on MKN Session: weekly 15 minute drop-in video sessions designed to help teachers and parents understand how to implement the lessons and to allow you to ask any questions you may have!
- The Early Years Home Math Learning! Developed by: Dr. Sandy Youmans, Edward Schroeter, Melanie Martin and Tara McLean (Queen’s University). The calendars below provide different home-based activities to help your child develop and maintain math skills during the summer. Each week focuses on a new concept.
- Peter Taylor (Queen’s University) and his team are developing HS math activities with wonder, beauty and creativity. See https://www.rabbitmath.ca/
- Webinar Series: Revitalizing Star Knowledge, hosted by the First Nations, Métis & Inuit Education Association of Ontario.
- Next series on June 10: We Come From the Stars Part 6
- Recordings of the webinars can be found on the FNMIEAO Youtube channel.
- Webinar Series on June 5 with Tehahenteh from 6 Nations of the Grand sharing on a variety of topics about Indigenous Education across Ontario!
- ALGOMA CONNECT PROGRAM! FREE Math Tutoring For Students in Grades 11 & 12 in collaboration with the ML CoP.
- Financial literacy lesson plans for Grades 6-8 related to living in the time of Covid-19! Developed by Tanya Demjanenko (TDSB) and Dragana Martinovic (U. Windsor).
- A 3-week virtual summer program for students at risk, and their teachers, in partnership with the Greater Essex CDSB.
Click below to access more resources from our four Communities of Practice!
To access our general MKN resources, click below.
Want to stay updated? Join our mailing list (right side of page) and/or follow us on Twitter @mknrcm to receive regular updates about new resources, activities, and more!